Having a swimming pool is an excellent idea for the pool safety. Of course you should know that just an alarm won’t make your swimming pool perfectly safe because you also need to make sure that you take care of it properly and that it is used in the correct way.
If you have children who have access to play around the pool, buying and installing a swimming pool alarm is necessary. Children are our future, so it’s important to keep them safe at all times.
Swimming pool alarm advantages
Whilst, you should never completely rely solely on the fact that you have a swimming pool alarm installed, they can offer home owners and pool owners a little bit extra in piece of mind, that if something out of the ordinary does occur and a child or pet falls in the pool unexpectedly, then someone can be alerted immediately.
The Poolguard PGRM-2 is a US-made pool alarm for in-ground pools. It’s designed to alarm you whenever something falls in it unintentionally or uninvited. It comes with a convenient in-house remote receiver that has a range up to 200 ft. and comes with a 12 volt power supply. It features an advanced sensing technology that provides less chance of false alarms due to factors such as wind, rain or small objects.
Of course the safety of those using the pool is important but there are many other reasons why investing in these alarms is crucial. Below we take a look at just what some of these are.
- You will find that many local and state governments require you by law to have an alarm system installed in your swimming pool. Originally most states would only require you to erect a fence with a gate around the pool to prevent accidents but these were still occurring and that is why the installation of alarms was deemed necessary.
- The other reason why alarms for swimming pools are now required is as a safety tool. The main purpose for installation of swimming pool alarms is to indicate when any unusual activity is taking place in or around the pool. For example should someone fall into your pool then the alarm will of course sound when it has been set. These alarms aren’t only designed to provide you with an indication that someone has fallen in your pool but if a dog or other animal has happened to fall in it.
- When you are looking to purchase such an item you need to find out how long it takes the alarm to activate when something happens. There are some that have been designed to raise the alarm after 20 seconds whilst there are others emit a warning immediately. Certainly if you have a swimming pool in your garden and have young children select an alarm that emits a warning immediately.
- As you will discover installation of swimming pool alarms is much easier than installation of fence around the pool. Not only do they take less time to install but also these alarms cost a lot less to install as well. These have been designed in such a way that you can actually install them yourself if you wish all you need to do is read through the installation manual that the manufacturer of the alarm provides with it. In a very short space of time you can yours up and running.
- Finally when it comes to purchasing swimming pool alarms you will discover that you have a number of different types to choose from. So finding the one that meets your particular needs the best won’t prove at all difficult. Of course it is a good idea to visit your local retailer that sells pool equipment in order to see them in action. Then if you have found the one you like and want to save more money on your purchase then of course you can always consider purchasing it online.